Eligibility to join the 4 year Bachelor of Engineering courses of the Visvesvaraya Technological University is a pass in the two – year Pre University Examination (Science) conducted by the Karnataka State Pre University Board or any other examination recognised by the University as equivalent thereto, subject to their having obtained a 45% ( 40% for SC/ST ,Cat I,IIA, IIB,IIIA & IIIB ) of marks in aggregate in the three subjects of Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects namely Chemistry, Biology & Biotechnology.
Download Application Form Here
Eligibility to join the 2 year Master of Technology course of the Visvesvaraya Technological University is a pass in the Bachelors Degree course in Mechanical Engineering from AICTE recognized University subject to aggregate of 50% of marks for General Category and 45% marks for SC/ST, Cat I,IIA, IIB,IIIA & IIIB. Candidates should have appeared from PGCET/GATE.
Download Application Form Here
Eligibility to join the 3 year Diploma of Engineering courses of the Directorate of Technical Education is a pass in the SSLC Examination conducted by the Karnataka State Secondary Examination Board or X Standard or any other examination recognised by or as equivalent thereto , subject to their having obtained a 35% aggregate.
Electronics and Communication Engineering – 120
Mechanical Engineering – 120
Computer Science and Engineering – 120
Civil Engineering – 60
MTech in Thermal Power Engg. -18
Electronics and Communication Engineering – 60
Mechanical Engineering – 60
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SRSIT lays utmost emphasis on campus discipline. The college has earned a name for itself as a haven for academic studies and the management is keen on maintaining this reputation and only strengthen it further. Students who do not adhere to the disciplinary rules of the college are liable for punishment. This apart, strict attendance to all the classes, sessions, seminars, workshops, etc.is enforced in SRSIT. As per the University rules, such of the students who do not possess 85% of attendance are not eligible for taking the semester examination. However there is a provision for condonation of attendance to the extent of 10% on the specific recommendation of the Principal as per regulations.
Application for such condonation shall be submitted to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar(Evaluation). Candidates can be permitted to appear for the examinations only after approval of condonation application.
Full / Half sleeve shirt & Trouser with Shoes for Boys, Salwar Kameez or saree with chappals/ shoes for Girls.
Navy Blue half sleeve shirt & Pant / Whtie Apron with shoes in workshop.
College topers from each branch will be identified & they will be honored with a certificate and a cash prize.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
- Physical fitness certificate from any Regd. Medical Practitioner (Original)
- Transfer Certificate (Original)
- Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ISE students (Original)
- CET/COMED-K /AIEEE Admission order (Original with 3 sets of Photo copies) For Management students CET/COMED-K /AIEEE rank proof certificate (internet)
- SSLC or 10th Standard marks card (Original with 3 sets of Photo copies)
- PUC or +2 marks card or (DIPLOMA marks cards for III Semester Students, for management students CET acknowledgement or Admission ticket of the CET exam) (Original with 3 sets of Photo copies)
- Caste certificate (Original with 3 sets of Photo copies)
- Income certificate (Original with 3 sets of Photo copies)
- 6-passport size and 6 stamp size color photographs.
- Further, the students so admitted in our Institution should invariably possess at least two sets of Photo copies of all the documents mentioned above along with 3 passports and 3 stamp size color photographs.
- The students other than PU Board, Bangalore and Karnataka CBSE should apply eligibility certificate from this college.
- The students belonging to SC/ST and other categories should submit Photo copies of caste certificate, income certificate while applying for students scholarships.