College Internal Complaints Committee
As per the guidelines of Supreme Court, UGC, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention,Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Complaints Committee has been established by the College for a period of three years (2017-18,2018-19,2019-20).
Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities of College Internal Complaints Committee
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender amity among students and employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party to the Management.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behavior (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favors;
- Sexually colored remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
The following is also sexual harassment and is covered by the committee:
- Unsavory remarks,
- Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment,
- Innuendos and taunts,
- Gender based insults or sexist remarks,
- Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone (obnoxious telephone calls) and the like,
- Touching or brushing against any part of the body and the like,
- Displaying pornographic or other offensive or derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings,
- Forcible physical touch or molestation and
- Physical confinement against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
The Committee shall meet as often as may be needed and appropriate.
Frequency of meeting: Once in a year (beginning of academic year) and as and when necessary.
College Internal Complaints Committee Members
Name of the Faculty
Designation & Department
Address & Contact No
|Dr. M R Shivakumar||Principal||Presiding|
|Ms. SuneethaRani N||HOD(Chemistry)||9743337228||Convener|
|Mr. Vittal S||HOD(CSE)||9902867300||Member|
|Mr. M Sureesh||HOD(MATHS)||9739693727||Member|
|Mr. Puttaraju||Boys Hostel Warden||8494813101||Member|
|Mrs.Nirmala.M||Girls Hostel Warden||8123684774||Member|
|Mrs. Swathi V||Asst.prof(CSE)||9590341571||Member|
Register your complaints related to Sexual Harassment with any member of the College Internal Complaints Committee (Mobile numbers 080-33647779 (ext.-3) ).